Monday, May 17, 2010

Great New Contest from Lunchables - Field Trips for All

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Lunchables. All opinions are 100% mine.

I have fond memories of all the field trips I went on when I was in school. In elementary school, we went on at least three a year. There was nothing quite like a day of learning outside the classroom. I remember how exciting it was to finally hit the 5th grade, because that meant we were allowed to take an overnight field trip to Indiana's Children's Museum in the fall.  Then in the spring, we got to spend a whole week at a nature camp! I am 36 years old and I still remember the things I learned during these experiences and all the fun I had.

Sadly, field trips are not the norm for today's children. My kids are lucky if they get one field trip a year - and we live in an affluent school district. According to a 2009 report from The American Association of School Administrators, it’s estimated that over the course of the current school year, the number of school districts eliminating field trips will increase by 56 percent. That’s more than 30,000 schools.  I think that is just sad.

Field trips with hands-on experiences can help bring real world applications to what children are learning in the classroom. That’s why Lunchables started Field Trips For All, a program that helps deserving kids from all across the country to be able to participate in educational experiences outside of the classroom. “Field Trips For All” is the first effort from the Lunchables Team’s new initiative called Project Potential. Aimed at empowering kids with opportunities to help them reach their full potential, Project Potential will provide enriching experiences kids might otherwise not have.  What a wonderful way to give back!  Fifty deserving classrooms will be chosen to go on an inspiring educational experience.



If you know of a classroom that deserves to go on a field trip, you can nominate them by visiting
 http://www.lunchables.com/potential/.   Anyone over the age of 6 can submit a nomination.  I encourage everyone to nominate a classroom for this worthwhile program.  You can also help Lunchables spread the word  by sharing the details on Facebook or Twitter.

I personally am nominating my niece's classroom since they no longer have the funding to go on field trips.  Her teacher works tirelessly to make learning fun for the kids.  I would love to see them get to go to the zoo or  a local museum for the day.

So whose classroom would you nominate? 

Click Here



Visit my sponsor: Field Trips For All

No comments: