Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NMEDA helps provide mobility and peace of mind for your loved ones

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of NMEDA. All opinions are 100% mine.
 
My grandmother has been on my mind a lot lately.  She just celebrated her 86th birthday.  While she is in relatively good health, she does have problems getting around.  The family has discussed getting her a wheelchair, but we aren't sure how she would take it.  She mostly stays home as she can't walk more than short distances anymore.  I truly believe a wheelchair would add to her quality of life.  The day is coming when I believe my grandmother is going to be confined to a wheelchair full-time.  When that day arrives there will be an issue with their car not being equipped to handle a wheelchair.

In addition to my personal experience, I work in the health care field as a dietitian.  I see first-hand the struggles that differently-abled people face when their mobility is impaired.  

So it was perfect timing when I recently learned about NMEDA.  NMEDA is a non-profit trade association that exists to educate consumers on buying handicap vans and vehicle modifications for disabled people.  They do not sell anything, instead they refer you to a NMEDA qualified dealer.  NMEDA is the only association that promotes safe driving and equipment for disabled people and their members are required to adhere to the safety standards of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.   I appreciate their  Quality Assurance Program.  It  is the only nationally recognized accreditation program for the Adaptive Mobility Equipment Industry. NMEDA requires their dealers to have a systematic and documented approach to quality.  Isn't it nice to know that you have a non-biased place to turn when you need information on helping restore mobility to a loved one?

To find a qualified dealer near you, you can visit their website and enter your zip code.  I learned that there are 2 dealers within 15 minutes from my house.  That is good information to have if my grandmother's condition worsens.  Do you have a loved one who needs assistance to regain their mobility?  Peace of mind could be just a click away.


Visit my sponsor: NMEDA

No comments: