With layers of chocolate cookie crumbs sprinkled over mini marshmallows in a chewy chocolate center and a crunchy chocolate cookie crust, this brand new recipe is sure to impress friends and family. Betty Crocker Mississippi Mud Supreme Bars provide an out-of-the-box flavor, with in-the-box convenience. You don’t have to go to Mississippi to snag the mix for these delicious bars; Betty Crocker makes it easy to make a tasty treat anytime, anywhere.
I took the opportunity to let my 2 youngest girls help me in the kitchen. In no time flat, we had a yummy chocolate treat to share with the family.
Miss Bear helped make up the crust.
Miss Banana got to mix up the bars.
Here is the finished product. Don't they look yummy?
The verdict... These were absolutely delicious! I thought the cookie crust definitely added something special. These were so rich and moist that everyone in our family wanted seconds. Definitely two thumbs up from our family!
As a dietitian, I have to admit that these bars wouldn't be something I would serve all the time. However, they were delicious and would make an awesome treat to take to a family gathering, or maybe for a family game night. If I made them again, I would reduce the fat content a bit by replacing some of the butter mixed in with the bar mix with an equal amount of fat-free yogurt. (I would leave the butter in the crust as is however so you don't change the texture.)You can also use unsweetened applesauce as a fat-replacer. You can generally replace about half of the fat without changing the taste of the recipe. If you are truly adventurous, you could add a little ground flax seed or wheat germ to up the fiber a bit. I am a firm believer that as long as you eat healthy most of the time, then a little treat here and there won't hurt you. I may be a dietitian, but I love chocolate as much as everybody else! This dessert definitely could help tame even the strongest chocolate cravings!
Thank you so much to Betty Crocker and My Blog Spark for the opportunity to review this product!
Betty Crocker and My Blog Spark would like to bless one Great Blog Giveaways reader with a “Delicious Dessert” prize pack that includes a box of the new Betty Crocker Mississippi Mud Supreme Bars and an 8x8 metal baking pan.
Tell everyone about an upcoming event or gathering at which you would most like to share Betty Crocker Mississippi Mud Supreme Bars. Leave a comment with your answer.
- Follow Great Blog Giveaways on Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway, being sure to include @greatgiveaways. Leave a comment with your tweet link. (1 entry daily)
If you like you can copy and paste the following text.
- Subscribe to our email updates (2 entries)
- Add our button to your blog's sidebar (2 entries)
- Sign up for Sponsored Tweets using my link and get paid to tweet! Leave your user name in a separate comment - 2 entries
- Follow me on Twitter. Let me know your Twitter name - 1 entry
- Blog about the giveaway including both a link to the giveaway post and the sponsor. Let me know where I can find your post - 3 entries
- Enter any of the other giveaways posted under "GBG Current Giveaways" or "Featured Giveaways" on the sidebar. (1 entry each)
- Add me as a friend on Facebook. If you are already a friend that counts too! - 1 entry
- This giveaway ends June 19, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
- This giveaways is open to US residents only, age 18+.
- Mandatory entry must be completed before you can earn any of the extra entries. If mandatory entry is not completed, all other entries will be void.
- Please leave a separate comment for each entry. For example if you get 2 entries for a particular activity, leave 2 separate comments.
- Entries that can not be verified or do not follow the instructions are subject to deletion.
- The winner will be chosen using random.org's number generator.
- The winner will be posted here and emailed.
- Please either leave your email address with each comment or make sure your email address is available publicly on your profile. Otherwise be prepared to check back to see if you are a winner.
- Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize.