This Blog Giveaway is now closed!
Thanks to all who entered!
Between the recent Swine Flu scare and completing my internship at the hospital, I have become a bit of a germaphobe. I can no longer go grocery shopping without wiping down the cart with the antiseptic wipes. Public restrooms totally gross me out. And I can't help but cringe when the kids feel the need to touch everything in a store. I guess it comes from seeing other people so sick from illnesses that were preventable.
So when I was given the chance to review Purely Product Pocket Purifier, I jumped at the chance. A handheld UV purifier with no nasty chemicals sounds like just what this mama needs to carry in her purse. I was also given the chance to try their Sun Mate. (More on that in a bit.)
The Pocket Purifier is a little bit bigger than I thought it would be, but it should still fit in most purses. It uses UV-C light to sanitize surfaces and objects. This is the same technology that is used in hospitals to sterilize surgical equipment and can eliminate 99.9% of germs which cause colds and flu, e-coli, salmonella, and MRSA.
Here are some details about the product
- Incorporates ultraviolet light and nanotechnology to eliminate 99.9% of germs that cause colds, and flu, plus e-coli, salmonella, mold, fungus and MRSA staph (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
- Built in 4-watt germicidal ultraviolet light deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens destroying their ability to multiply
- Suitable for purifying masks, kitchen counters, sinks and utensils, bathroom surfaces, computer keyboards, remote controls, cell phones, nail clippers, shoes, clothing, bags, scissors, baby toys, pacifiers, diaper pails, cribs, strollers - most everyday items. UV light will not harm function of surfaces or items disinfected.
- Powered by 4 (AA) batteries for easy carrying and safe usage (Batteries not included)
- Convenient, lightweight, quick and easy to use
- Exposure of 10-15 seconds eliminates
- Available in convenient single, double and family-friendly four packs
- UV-C bulb effective for 9,000 hours
I have taken to using it regularly on the bottom of my purse as well as shopping carts. I love that I don't have to use harsh chemical wipes anymore. The fact that the Pocket Purifier is lightweight and small is another plus. I have enough in my purse already so I am glad it didn't add a lot of weight. Another pro is how quickly it works. The Pocket Purifier sanitizes in just 10-15 seconds!
As a dietitian, I also love having the Pocket Purifier in the kitchen. I have always been a bit leary about cutting boards that have been used for meat and poultry. Now I don't have to worry anymore. I just run the Pocket Purifier over the surface of the board after I run it through the dishwasher and I know it's safe.
I also was given the chance to review the Sun Mate. This is a handy little product that helps you judge how harsh the sun's rays are when you are deciding whether or not to put on sunscreen. It is also small and will fit in your purse.
It truly couldn't be easier to use. You simply push a button and it lights up to indicate the strength of the sun's UV rays. It uses the National Weather Service's ultraviolet index scale to help assess your risk.
Here are some details about the product:
- Alerts to possible over-exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun
- Easy to use and understand.
- Simply press the white button located at the top of the monitor
- LED indicators light up between 1 and 5 depending upon the intensity of the UV light (see chart above and on packaging)
- Easy to carry and pack in beach bags, diaper bags, purses, sports bags, backpacks- just 2.5" tall and 2" wide.
- Take your 'mate' wherever you go
- Colors: White
A huge thank you to Purely Products for allowing GBG to review your product!
The Pocket Purifier costs $29.95 and the Sun Mate costs $19.95. You can purchase either one directly from Purely Products.
Thanks to the generous people over at Purely Products, one lucky Great Blog Giveaways reader is going to receive a Sun Mate of their own.
Visit Purely Products and let me know which of their products you might like to try.
- Follow Great Blog Giveaways on Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway, being sure to include @greatgiveaways. Leave a comment with your tweet link. (1 entry daily)
If you like you can copy and paste the following text.
- Subscribe to our email updates (2 entries)
- Add our button to your blog's sidebar (2 entries)
- Sign up for Sponsored Tweets using my link and get paid to tweet! Leave your user name in a separate comment - 2 entries
- Follow me on Twitter. Let me know your Twitter name - 1 entry
- Blog about the giveaway including both a link to the giveaway post and the sponsor. Let me know where I can find your post - 3 entries
- Enter any of the other giveaways posted under "Featured Giveaways" on the sidebar. (1 entry each)
- Add me as a friend on Facebook. If you are already a friend that counts too! - 1 entry
- Submit your own blog giveaway for inclusion in our daily roundup - 1 entry per giveaway
- This giveaway ends July 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
- This giveaways is open to US and Canadian residents only.
- Mandatory entry must be completed before you can earn any of the extra entries. If mandatory entry is not completed, all other entries will be void.
- Please leave a separate comment for each entry. For example if you get 2 entries for a particular activity, leave 2 separate comments.
- Entries that can not be verified or do not follow the instructions are subject to deletion.
- The winner will be chosen using random.org's number generator.
- The winner will be posted here and emailed.
- Please either leave your email address with each comment or make sure your email address is available publicly on your profile. Otherwise be prepared to check back to see if you are a winner.
- Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize.
This is a Mama Buzz review. These product was provided by Purely Products to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received and the opinions stated are my own.