Many of you know that I am a dietitian in the real world. As such, I am a huge supporter of families enjoying a healthy home-cooked dinner each evening. I feel that the prevalence of fast food and processed foods are one of the reasons obesity is on the rise in the United States. If more people would eat dinner at home each night, I feel our health would greatly benefit. Yet as a mom of 4 kids, I can certainly understand how easy it is to come to rely on fast food for meals when you have a busy schedule.
So when I was given the opportunity to review a new meal planning service aimed at busy moms, I jumped at the chance. Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour is a new meal planning subscription service designed to help busy moms serve more home-cooked meals. The concept is that you will be able to prepare 5 dinners in just 1 hour. You then store these meals in the freezer or refrigerator until you need them. Having 5 meals for the week ready to go sounds with just 1 hour of work wonderful to this busy mom.
How it works: Your monthly subscription includes 4 weeks of menu plans. You will receive them by email. Every week's list includes a menu, grocery list, cooking hour directions and heating instructions. It is very laid out in such a way that it is easy to read and find just what you need. The weekly meal plans will serve a family of four to six people but could be easily adjusted if you have a larger family.
Benefits of subscribing to Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour: This meal planning service is designed to save you both money and time. It can be very time-consuming to plan menus and make a shopping list. The last time I did meal planning, it took me well over an hour just to plan it out. Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour does that job for you and gives you a shopping list. It is so nice to have all the planning done. In addition, think of the money you could save. Because you only buy what is on your list, there is less wasted food. Plus, your family won't have to rely on fast food as much because there will always be a dinner ready to go in your refrigerator. Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour truly makes it easy to serve healthy homemade dinners to your family.
My thoughts: From a nutrition standpoint, I loved that most of the meals were based around whole foods. The more whole foods a person eats, the better. I was also pleased to see that these were fairly kid-friendly meals. This is great if you have picky children like I do. I also love how quickly everything can be assembled using Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour. I have tried once a month cooking before but hated the mess and the fact that you have to devote a whole day to cooking. I love the fact that this plan goes on a weekly basis and only takes an hour to assemble all the meals. By only doing 5 at a time, it is much easier to find space in the freezer to store everything.
I think a monthly subscription to Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour would be a huge help to moms everywhere, especially if those moms work outside of the home.
You can buy a one month subscription to Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour for just $5.
If you would like to try the Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour subscription, Michelle has generously offered a free 1week trial to anyone who requests it. All you have to do is send her an email. See the website for more details.
Thanks to Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour, 1 lucky Great Blog Giveaways reader is going to receive a 2-month subscription to the meal planning service.
Visit Make Dinners in 1 Hour and leave a comment with one thing you learned.
- Enter Nutrition Tip's Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour Giveaway for another chance to win this great prize. There will be 1 winner from each site. (1 entry)
- Follow the Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour blog on their sidebar (1 entry)
- Contact Michelle to receive a free 1-week trial of Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour. Details are on the sidebar (1 entry)
- "Like" Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour on Facebook. Leave a comment with your first name and last initial. (1 entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway, being sure to include @greatgiveaways. Leave a comment with your tweet link. (1 entry daily)
If you like you can copy and paste the following text.
- Vote for Great Blog Giveaway on Top Mommy Blogs by clicking the button below. (1 entry every 24 hours.)
- This giveaway ends October 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
- This giveaways is open to entrants worldwide, age 18+.
- Mandatory entry must be completed before you can earn any of the extra entries. If mandatory entry is not completed, all other entries will be void.
- For complete rules, please visit our extra entries/rules page.
Disclosure: Other than a trial subscription, I received no compensation for this post or giveaway. The opinions stated within my review were my own.