We have theme nights on the weekend at our house. Friday night is always homemade pizza night and we watch a movie. Saturday is Mexican night and we play board games. The kids look forward to these nights all week long.
I have a weakness for Mexican food, so I think family taco night is my favorite. We set everything up buffet-style so everyone can fix their own how they like it. I set out taco shells, tortillas, homemade re-fried beans, seasoned ground beef, diced onions, diced tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Some weeks I will make Mexican rice or sweet corn cake to go with it. The kids really enjoy getting to fix their own. I love to crumble the taco shells and make a taco salad.
While we usually stick with basic ingredients, every once in awhile it's fun to try a new recipe. For a fun twist on Taco Night, you can try one of the delicious recipes below.
- Double Layer Tacos - Layered taco shells and tortillas create the "double" in beef- and bean-stuffed tacos.
- Chicken Ranch Tacos - Here's a twist on tacos using precooked chicken.
- Go around the table and tell each family member what animal they resemble most.
- In under a minute, make up a rhyming poem about your taco.
Click here to download a printable coupon for $0.60 off any two Old El Paso products.
Old El Paso and My Blog Spark would like to bless one Great Blog Giveaways readers with an Old El Paso Family Taco Night Prize Pack that includes
- a packet of original Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- a Cactus Chip and Dip Serving dish
- a set of 3 Fiesta Chili Pepper serving dishes
- a $10 gift card to purchase your taco fixings.
What do you do to make family taco night special? Leave a comment with your answer. (1 entry)
- Tell me what your favorite taco toppings are. (1 entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway, being sure to include @greatgiveaways and @pfreeornaments and a link to this giveaway post. Leave a comment with your tweet link. (1 entry daily)
If you like you can copy and paste the following text.
- Donate 2 liters of water to a person in a developing country by using the widget at the top of the page. It's free and just requires a click. (5 entries)
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs by clicking on the button below. (1 entry daily)
- This giveaway ends November 27, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
- This giveaways is open to entrants in the US, age 18+.
- Mandatory entry must be completed before you can earn any of the extra entries. If mandatory entry is not completed, all other entries will be void.
- Please leave a separate comment for each entry you earn. For example, if you earn 2 entries for an action, you will need to leave 2 separate comments.
- Please include your email address with each entry if it is not visible on your profile page. The winner will be contacted by email and has 48 hours to reply or an alternate winner will be chosen.
- For complete rules, please visit our extra entries/rules page.
A huge thank you to Old El Paso and My Blog Spark for this opportunity!
Disclosure: I received an Old El Paso Family Taco Night Prize Pack at no charge to facilitate this review. However the opinions stated within this review are my own and were not influenced in any way by the sponsor.