I really dislike using a lot of medicine for a cold since there is no cure. Over the counter medicines treat the symptoms but you really do just have to let the cold run its course. Sometimes when a cold has the kids miserable, I do break down and give them medicine, especially at night so they can sleep.
I recently had the opportunity to review Children's Coldcalm by Boiron. The package states that it temporarily relieves cold symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, and minor sore throat. However, unlike over the counter cold medicine, Children's Coldcalm Pellets are a homeopathic medicine. This means it is safe and there is no danger of overdose. Children's Coldcalm Pellets will not cause drowsiness and they will not interact with other medications.
Children's Coldcalm is for children over the age of 3. This is good news for parents, as many other medicines are not for use under the age of 6. I know when my kids were little, I always had problems finding cold medicine they could take. It seems like every package I would pick up was for children over the age of 6.
Children's Coldcalm pellets dissolve in your child's mouth. That means they are easy to take when you are on the go. You don't need water and the child doesn't have to know how to swallow a pill. (Which is wonderful because I have a 12 year old who still can't swallow pills.) At the first sign of a cold, you give your child 5 pellets every 20 minutes for an hour. Then give your child 5 pellets every 2 hours until symptoms are relieved. The pellets are tiny, which is great if you have children that hate to take pills. They dissolve quickly which is also nice.
Although no one in our home currently has a cold, I can attest that the pellets taste good. You shouldn't have an issue with a child spitting it back out. I am very excited to give Children's Coldcalm Pellets a try once cold season has struck our household. I will have to report back on how they work. It will be nice to have something in my medicine chest to give them without worrying about side effects.
Boiron's Children's Coldcalm is available on Amazon for $8.35 for 160 pellets. Boiron also has a store finder to help you locate retailers where you can order Children's Coldcalm Pellets. In addition, you may be able to find them at local discount stores.
Here is a printable coupon where you can save $1 on a package of Children's Coldcalm pellets.
The generous folks over at Boiron have agreed to give one Great Blog Giveaways reader a package of Children's Coldcalm pellets to try.
Follow Great Blog Giveaways on Google Friend Connect AND visit Boiron and tell me something you learned or a product that you would like to try. Leave a comment with your answer. (1 entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway, being sure to include @greatgiveaways and a link to this giveaway post. Leave a comment with your tweet link. (1 entry daily)
If you like you can copy and paste the following text.
- Donate 2 liters of water to a person in a developing country by using the widget at the top of the page. It's free and just requires a click. (10 entries)
- Enter any other GBG giveaway on the top right sidebar (2 entries each)
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs by clicking on the button below. (1 entry daily)
- This giveaway ends December 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
- This giveaways is open to entrants in the US, age 18+.
- Mandatory entry must be completed before you can earn any of the extra entries. If mandatory entry is not completed, all other entries will be void.
- Please leave a separate comment for each entry you earn. For example, if you earn 2 entries for an action, you will need to leave 2 separate comments.
- Please include your email address with each entry if it is not visible on your profile page. The winner will be contacted by email and has 48 hours to reply or an alternate winner will be chosen.
- For complete rules, please visit our extra entries/rules page.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review and giveaway Disclosure.
Sponsored by Tomoson.com